Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snowboarding

I mentioned that we got Bryan all new snowboarding equipment so I thought that I would show it off for him. We got such a steal with all of the end-of-winter and President's Day sales. Bryan complained about his old boots especially, so it was nice to find some that worked well.
And of course, he was itching to try it all out. Luckily we've been having random storms for the last week or two that keep producing a little rain and plenty of snow in our nearby mountains. Yesterday Bryan and a friend left early and headed to Sierra Summit for a day of snowboarding. He had a blast and raved about how wonderful all of his new stuff felt and worked on the runs.

Bryan told Evan a few days ago that when he gets bigger (7 or 8 years old to be specific) that he would teach him to snowboard. So Evan has gone on and on about how when he gets to be "7 or 8 or 9 or 10" that he can go. Yesterday morning, he came to my bedroom and I told him to crawl in bed with me. "But where's Daddy?", he asked. I told him that he'd gone snowboarding. "But I'm not 7 or 8 yet and I can't go!". I had to convince him that there would be other chances for him to tag along. All day he proceeded to talk about snowboarding and even listed all of the gear he was going to have to get. Later, at my sister's house, my nephew (Noah is three months older than Evan and potty-trained) mentioned that he wore underwear and Evan wore diapers because he was still too little. Evan's quick response was, "Well maybe when you get bigger you can go snowboarding too." I thought it was hilarious. And I guarantee you that when Evan turns 7, he will indeed be on a snowboard because he will not forget.

No comments: