Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Just Another Day At The Doctor

Today I had my 21-week check-up. I am pleased to announce that all looks well. I was down another half pound and I'm feeling good. The results of the ultrasound a week ago were all normal, so the official due date is still June 18th. The doctor mentioned today that we will probably schedule me for a c-section on either June 12th or June 10th, depending on her busy schedule and how things progress for me, etc.

With Evan I had an emergency c-section, after laboring 16 hours and having a contraction that would not stop, and the hospital here as a No VBAC policy (vaginal birth after cesarean) so my doctor is required to schedule a repeat c-section. BUT... if I go into labor on my own before that, she said she doesn't believe in stopping me unless there is a medical safety reason. So I am hoping to go in labor before my c-section date!

Anyhoo, just some background information :) I feel great and heard the sweet music of her little heartbeat today. It's always such a relief and such a joy to hear.

Thanks for your continued prayers and encourage. We all appreciate it.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I mean June 10th !!Really ... I guess I could share my birthday .. just remember who was born first .. ME !! by 20 years :p ... I miss you and I love you !!

Christina said...

I know, lol. I thought about how Scott and Tam's anniversary is the day before and ours is the day after. We invaded your space enough already :) You can just pray I go into labor a little early :P Love you too, Cuz. You seriously need another trip to Cali soon.