Yep, we're getting closer. I'm excited and anxious, yet I feel less prepared than I did with Evan. I guess I just know how much work it is and I'm also curious to see how the transition from one to two children will go. But I know God is in control and He knows how everything will go.
As for updates, I saw the doctor yesterday and was just slightly more dilated. I was at 1 1/2 cm. All else was looking great and we're still on for a c-section next Friday, June 12th.
Today I went for one last ultrasound to check Kaylee's size. Her due date came up as June 12th based on her measurements. The ultrasound tech said it looks like she's approximately 7 lbs. 12 oz. right now. So potentially she could gain another 1/2 lb. by next Friday. Evan was 7 lbs. 9 oz. when he was born so we'll see how close this estimate is and if Kaylee will outweigh her big brother at birth.
Overall I am feeling great and ready to see what this little girl looks like. I have yet to organize a bag for my hospital stay or get the carseat installed, etc. I guess we should get around to these things just in case she decides to come early.
On another note, potty training has been going well with Evan. He's getting the hang of it and has only had 3 accidents in an week. Going pee-pee is the easy part! I just pray he keeps up the good work in the midst of the chaos that will ensue with Mommy in the hospital and a new baby in the house.



2 comments:
Getting so close now! I hope that you continue to feel well and are able to get it all done :) I can't wait to see her!
Sounds like Evan is doing well with potty training - he'll get it!
Prayers and Hugs!
Thanks Amy! We're both reaching the finish line, woohoo. I was so glad to hear that you'd made some progress. Keep it up... or down rather :)
Post a Comment