Well, I feel like I never have terribly exciting news to share so I have lacked in posts recently. But I figured I'd catch up on just a few things happening around here.
I had another ultrasound yesterday to check Kaylee's growth and weight. She's measuring an entire week bigger, moving her actual due date up a week. Now the due date is one day off from what the doctor had planned for a c-section. So this leaves me anxious to go to my 34-week appointment on Wednesday to find out what the doctor thinks of all of this. Will she keep my c-section date the same or move it up a week? I'm very curious, as is the whole family, to find out whether or not Kaylee may make an earlier appearance than originally thought. Thankfully, Bryan's last day of work for the summer is May 15th, so regardless of what happens he will be off of work until July 1st. What a blessing to have him here for the last few weeks of my pregnancy and here 2-3 weeks after she is born as well. He's been great at letting me sleep in so I can get my much-needed rest.
Evan's doing great. He's very into bowling still and he's also discovered the PBS Kids website for playing other games. He's very curious about reading right now and doing well at sounding out words in some of his beginning level books. He can still name and place more of the 50 states than I can, and he asked the other day what -5 + 6 was. How does he even know what negative numbers are? He's definitely beyond his level in everything, but it's fun to watch how interested he is in learning. If only he would focus some of that energy towards potty training :)
I celebrated my 27th birthday on Saturday. I got to hang out with Bryan and Evan most of the day. We also went to my sister's house for dessert with the family and went out to dinner. Sunday, Bryan watched Evan and I got an entire day of movies, shopping, and food with my best friend. It was a great weekend.
This weekend we are heading to the Woodlake Rodeo with my parents, my Grandma Ransom, and my Aunt Anita from Oregon. They go to the rodeo on Mother's Day weekend every year, so we thought we'd join them this year. The weather is supposed to be in the low 90's though so I'm hoping I survive the heat!
So that is what has been happening in our neck of the woods. Hopefully some more exciting things will come up soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment