Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Handy Helper

Evan is training to be the most helpful child ever I think. As I made my bed and headed to the kitchen to see what needed to be done next, I heard the dishwasher start. I automatically assumed Evan had touched it (like he's been asked not to numerous times), but today it went further... I walked in to him returning the dishwasher detergent in the cabinet under the sink. I immediately asked, "Did you put soap in there?". His answer was "Yeah", proud of himself of course. So I opened it to see where the soap had been put. And to my surprise, right where it needed to go, lid closed, and turned on to be washed. Funniest thing is, it needed to be done! I tried to convince him that only Mommy and Daddy should touch that, without scaring him out of helping of course!

He's my dusting and vacuuming assistant, my silverware put-awayer, trashman, and much more. I love that he has a heart to serve. One of my other favorites is when I go to step out of the shower and he insists on getting me a towel. He's just sweet and I LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

jen said...

so sweet, christina!