Thursday, January 15, 2009

18 Weeks

It's hard to believe that I am 18 weeks pregnant today. I'm almost halfway there!

I went to my check-up yesterday and all looked well. I only gained 1 pound in the last 4 weeks. So since I'd lost 20 already, I'm still down 19 :) Not too shabby in my opinion.

I got to see the little one on a quick ultrasound to check the heartbeat and movement, but we go to the hospital next Friday, the 23rd for the in-depth ultrasound where we should hopefully find out the sex of the baby. We're getting anxious to know. I love being able to call a baby by it's name and shop, decorate, and plan in advance. So far, almost everybody seems to think this baby is a girl... but I'm not sold on it. I think a boy. (Or maybe it's my way of not getting my hopes up for a girl).

I keep going back and forth on the idea of a boy and the idea of a girl. I have so much stuff from Evan and my other nephews that we wouldn't have much to buy. Whereas, we haven't had a girl on my side of the family in almost 6 years and the last girl on Bryan's side will be 4 at the end of March... so I kind of think this family is due for another girl. Especially my side that's had 5 boys in the last 4 years.

So we'll see :) Anybody have any guesses???

2 comments:

Hofwoman said...

So glad that you had a good appt. I am so eager to hear what you are going to have! Having girls seems to be in the water lately, so I will throw one in with you on your suspicion. I really think we are going to have a girl as well, I don't really know why!


Take care - that's awesome about the 20 lbs!

Anonymous said...

boy! boy! boy!
(and no, i'm not trying to wish triplets upon you)!