Well, today I headed back to the doctor for my 10-week check-up and everything was great. While waiting to be seen I got to visit with a dear friend and her week-old son, Adam, who were also in the office for an appointment. It was nice to meet him in person and chat with Ashley while we waited.
Once I saw the doctor, I got to see our little one on the ultrasound and see his/her little heart fluttering. It's so amazing how fast they grow and change, even on a fuzzy ultrasound photo. I wish I had the photo to share but my poor doc hit "delete" instead of "print" by accident. Hopefully I'll get one to share at my next appointment.
As of right now, I am right on schedule for the due date we had in mind, June 18th. The baby is growing perfectly and developing as he/she should. I am continuing to deal with morning sickness that lasts all day, and have little to no desire to eat most days. NOTHING sounds good, but I force myself to eat cereal, soup, and other comforting foods. The good news was that I lost another 5 lbs. in the last two weeks. That brings my total to 13 lbs. lost for the month. Not the best way to have to do it, but it's weight-loss! And I have been continuing to wake up at 5:40am, eat 3-4 saltines, and head off to the gym three days a week. I don't want to lose the good habits I have formed even though I don't feel well.
So in general, all is well and we're very excited. Our next appointment is December 17th, right before we head off to Disneyland for 5 nights and 4 days of Disney fun with all of Bryan's family. It should be a great trip and we're really looking forward to it. I'm sure we'll have plenty of pictures to share later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay for a healthy Reich baby so far! We are rejoicing with you, and will continue to pray!
Isn't pregnancy weight loss crazy?! I have lost 12lbs and cannot seem to gain any back (well, not that I really want to) but, I guess it comes at some point anyhow ;)
Good for you to go to the gym, even when you are feeling icky! I finally managed to break into a Gabriella Reese preg. fitness dvd I bought last month. Ughh - its been too long since I worked out!
Blessings to you!
way to go, Christina! I'm totally amazed and impressed that you can go to the gym while feeling sick! but, keep it up! we are so glad to hear all things are well with baby #2.
we love you guys. have fun in disneyland. :)
yay!! another little one in the family :] ... ok seriously yall get married around my birthday and now baby reich 2 is near my birthday ... we will see what happens if baby 2 is born on my birthday .... I think I might share .. but remember I WAS BORN FIRST !!!!! haha I love you and keep us all updated :)
Post a Comment