Evan had his one-year check-up today. He is just growing so fast and it's hard to believe that he is turning one already. I guess it's just crazy to think that he has been in our lives one whole year. In some ways it seems like it's gone by so fast, and on the other hand I can't ever remember what life was like without him. He has truly blessed our lives and brought us more joy that we could have ever imagined. Everyday we are grateful for the smiles, the laughs, the cries, the little accidents, the diaper changes, the late-night feedings, and all the little moments that mean so much more when you have a child to share them with. What miracles they all are! Children are God's perfection creation and a wonderful way to start people.
At Evan's check-up today, he came in at 29 1/2 inches tall and 21 lbs, 13 oz. Everything checked out pretty well as normal. One thing that we would like you all to consider in prayer is Evan's toes. Sounds funny, I know... but I noticed (more so recently) that Evan's big toe on his right foot looked red and irritated, like he was getting an ingrown toe nail. Sure enough! His poor big toes on both feet look as though the nails grow funny and are very likely to cause ingrown toe nails often. Dr. Hurley suggested that she refer him to a podiatrist to look at them more closely and, most likely, perform surgery on them to correct the problem, thus saving him from a lifetime problem. I know it will not be serious, but of course we all hate to think that our little one's are in discomfort and will need some kind of surgery, big or small. So please keep Evan in your prayers!
The only other bummer thing that we found out was that they can't give Evan his one-year shots until he is one. So go figure... 2 days shy of his birthday and I'll have to take him back for shots and blood work on Wednesday, his actual birthday. Happy Birthday, Evan!!! And many of you know, we leave early Thursday morning on a flight to CA. So let's all hope he does well with the shots, they are pain free, and our flight goes wonderfully!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment