Okay, so I planned to "catch up" on all of the posts I've missed since November... but I just don't think I will. Sometimes life gets busy, I get behind, and it's better to start fresh than to go crazy trying to catch up.
So I will say that our Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful! We got to be around a lot of family and friends, making special memories with our kids. We had Bryan's parents for Thanksgiving with my family. We did Christmas at my best friend's, my sister's, my cousin's, my aunt's, our house, AND in Scotts Valley. From the 23rd-25th, we were on the go and never looked back. We are blessed to have children that travel well and adapt in pretty much any situation. It allowed us to be with many loved ones this year.
Evan is reading up a storm. We're always shocked to hear him read words like "specialties", "according", "scriptures", etc. He is a champ at memorizing his verses for Awana Cubbies. He's looking more like a boy these days and less like a toddler. He's still our snuggle bug and loves to hand out the loving compliments, which this mommy loves :) He's a great big brother to Kaylee... getting her toys, holding a bottle here and there, kissing her, making her laugh in the car. We appreciate, so much, the love he has for her and the helpful spirit God has given to him. He's recently enjoyed playing "daddy" to Kaylee's baby dolls. Their names are Carly and Savemart :)
Kaylee turned 7 months on the 12th of this month. She welcomed her first two teeth on Christmas, and puts them to work gnawing on graham crackers and corn/cheddar puffs. She's still NOT a fan of baby foods or rice cereal and gags when I try to feed her. She's all smiles for just about anyone. She's sleeping through the night, 12 hours or so. She can be bored to sleep (in my opinion) by video games, lol. She's taken to growling and grunting as a means of communication, which cracks us up. She says "mama" and "bub". She's also enjoying a higher view of things while standing up occasionally.
As you can see, we've been busy! We also have a new roommate that we love :) My best friend, Katie, has moved in with us for awhile. It's great having an extra set of hands in the evening, as well as great company!
Well, that's it for now. I hope to stay caught up from here on out! Happy New Year to you all!!! Can you believe it's almost February already???



1 comment:
Such a wonderful catch-up post!
Kaylee is saying mama already? What a gal!
And, I am totally there with you, I may 'lie' too ;)
Post a Comment