So, I realize that I haven't posted a real posting in almost a month but I have some really great excuses. The greatest of those being laziness :) Yes, so I don't always crave to blog when I am sitting here at the computer doing other things. And while I have had the time, I just don't have the drive.
I guess I can say that I've been in sort of a "funk" lately. The kind of funk that makes you tired, less than enthusiastic, and feeling kind of down. April just seemed to be sad and full of worry for some reason. I think my energy was so focused on the negative things happening to the people around me that I found it hard to focus on my own joy during their trials. Illness, accidents, deaths, divorce, impurity... the world seemed to engulf the ones I know and love. But the sun always shines after the rain, and I've found May to be full of sunny days.
After a few weeks, I finally felt more like myself. And having a birthday on the 2nd day of May seemed to help the month off to a more brilliant start. My handsome hubby and I were able to escape to the beach for two full days, BY OURSELVES! It was a wonderful way to celebrate my turning 26 and sharing some alone time with my love. I have to admit though, leaving Evan for the first time (in 2 years) was both exciting and heart-wrenching at the same time. And I'm still not convinced it was a good thing that he never asked where we were or seemed to notice we were gone, lol. I think he was just too busy having a good time with his Nana. but it was a great time for us nonetheless... walking on the pier, shopping, bowling, eating, going to the movies, eating clam chowder, gazing at Morro Rock, etc. etc. etc. I'm so blessed to have such a loving husband who knows how to make me feel special. I fall more deeply in love with him every day.
May has many more adventures in store as well. Mother's Day is this weekend, the annual Swedish Festival in Kingsburg is next weekend, Memorial Day weekend is fast approaching, and then June is knocking at our door. For those of you that don't know, we are FINALLY getting to take a two-week family vacation to the Seattle area to visit with Bryan's sister and her family. Maybe not such a big deal to some, but please realize that Danielle and her family have yet to meet Evan. He's two years old and just now getting to meet his Uncle Josh, Aunt Danielle, Anaise, Olyvea, Tate, and Emory. Something he is getting more and more excited about lately. We show him pictures and he knows all of their names. We can't wait to see his expression when he realizes that these are real people! It's going to be SO fun! We're anxious to see our nieces and nephew and how they've grown. We know this will be such a memorable trip for us all. Bryan and I will also be celebrating our 3rd anniversary while there.
So as you can see from my ramblings, we have a ton of things ahead and I won't bore you with all we had in April. Okay... except one... we're having another NEPHEW in September!!! David (Bryan's brother) and his wife, Ginger, are expecting a little boy and we are just thrilled for them. Little Dawson should make his arrival in mid-September and we'll be the proud Aunt and Uncle to 12... YES 12... nieces and nephews, all under the age of 9!!! Evan's definitely not hurting for cousins :)
Anyhoo, if you've stuck through long enough to read this jumbled mess, I pray that you have a wonderful week and enjoy the lovely weather that May has to offer. Please keep us in your prayers as Bryan finishes up work for 6 weeks and we'll be able to spend some wonderful quality time as a family.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds like its been a busy and fun couple of months for ya'll! :) Glad that you could get away too - how special!
Post a Comment