Wednesday, December 12, 2007

House Happenings #2

Well, we are officially in OUR house! It took a day or two longer than expected due to some miscommunication on the seller's side, but we managed to work something out and had keys by 4pm on Friday.

Once in the house, we noticed a huge need for cleaning carpets and fresh paint ASAP... so the carpets got cleaned Friday night and Saturday was spent painting. Sunday became moving day. Thanks to all of the help from our families and our friend, Drake, we managed to get everything at least into the garage by Sunday afternoon.

With me still out of commission with a slipped disc in my lower back and a displaced hip, I feel that we'll never get this place put together. I want to do so much and I just can't! But I also know that Bryan is working SO very hard to accomplish tasks as he finds/makes the time. Today he managed to get half of the Christmas lights up and tomorrow we will hopefully have a tree to be decorated. It's all coming together nicely and it's so fun to realize it's truly OURS.

Here's a few pictures to tease you... more to come!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I can't wait to see how it looks as you get settled.

Kat :)

Hofwoman said...

I love the looks of it already! Hope your back gets better fast!!!

Hofwoman said...

Hey - When you get a chance, could you send me your new address? We want to send you a Christmas card :)

Hofwoman said...

Thanks! Here's ours - 2538 Woodland Village Place, Schertz, TX 78154

Anonymous said...

What's your email address?

Kat